Monday 19 January 2015

Notes on Milan FW: 1 expected, 1 surprise

Expected: John Varvatos. √



Bringing Central Park on the runway Milan, John Varvatos proposed an edgy collection with sophisticated rock-n-roll sensibility.

I was sure that John Varvatos would make a great runway show and they did. I love everything about it. The designs, the concept, the details… Perfect for urban and cool guys s always. The palette of colors gives the sense of autumn perfectly. Military khaki is the signature of the brand. The warm chocolate colour seems so romantic to me. On the other hand leather makes it a though guy look which always work for women. J 
John Varvatos mas is a man with a great fashion sense in slim cut trousers and large and sometimes oversized coats.



Surprise: Fendi




I don’t know why but I have never seen Fendi as a cool guy’s brand. The runway in Milan made me swallow my words though…
I was amazed by the fabrics, which turned out a playful one. According to nowfashion.com – exact quote ‘Pinstripes were actually laser-cut three dimensional additions. What looked like corduroy was actually leather or sheepskin. While leather and suede melded into one on a bag, or the top of a wool sweater would finish in fur.’

Patchworks on coats and bag as accessories created a cool and well-designed look for men. Oversized coats appear on Fendi’s show too which I like a lot. It was also like 50 shades of brown, which was suitable for an autumn look as it was in John Varvatos show. Chunky scarves and more casual looks stole my heart. Here is my favorite one... Oh, the coat!...


Timex

No comments:

Post a Comment